To ensure the vehicle performs safely and as designed, we recommend replacing shocks or struts in (left & right) pairs. When the damping rates are significantly different from side to side the vehicle body and wheel movement variations can cause handling abnormalities.
More Technical Tips
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.
- 95-99 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut Fails Prematurely.
- Hydraulic Fluid Leak: Causes.
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.