To ensure the vehicle performs safely and as designed, we recommend replacing shocks or struts in (left & right) pairs. When the damping rates are significantly different from side to side the vehicle body and wheel movement variations can cause handling abnormalities.
More Technical Tips
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.
- The new shock or strut appears shorter than the unit removed from the vehicle.
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?
- The shock stud appears too short or noises occur after installation.