To ensure the vehicle performs safely and as designed, we recommend replacing shocks or struts in (left & right) pairs. When the damping rates are significantly different from side to side the vehicle body and wheel movement variations can cause handling abnormalities.
More Technical Tips
- 95-99 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut Fails Prematurely.
- The left or right strut installs OK, but the other side won’t line up correctly.
- The shock stud appears too short or noises occur after installation.
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- Hydraulic Fluid Leak: Causes.