Most shocks and struts come with a parts kit. This may include a nut, washers, spacers, or even a bumper. Before installing the shocks or struts please review all of the items contained in the parts kit. Due to vehicle application variations, the kit may contain more or fewer parts. Some OE components are meant to be re-used.
More Technical Tips
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.
- Not enough stud threads visible to install or tighten the upper mounting nut.