Most shocks and struts come with a parts kit. This may include a nut, washers, spacers, or even a bumper. Before installing the shocks or struts please review all of the items contained in the parts kit. Due to vehicle application variations, the kit may contain more or fewer parts. Some OE components are meant to be re-used.
More Technical Tips
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.
- The new shock or strut appears shorter than the unit removed from the vehicle.
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.