Most shocks and struts come with a parts kit. This may include a nut, washers, spacers, or even a bumper. Before installing the shocks or struts please review all of the items contained in the parts kit. Due to vehicle application variations, the kit may contain more or fewer parts. Some OE components are meant to be re-used.
More Technical Tips
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- The left or right strut installs OK, but the other side won’t line up correctly.
- Not enough stud threads visible to install or tighten the upper mounting nut.
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.