Most shocks and struts come with a parts kit. This may include a nut, washers, spacers, or even a bumper. Before installing the shocks or struts please review all of the items contained in the parts kit. Due to vehicle application variations, the kit may contain more or fewer parts. Some OE components are meant to be re-used.
More Technical Tips
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- Hydraulic Fluid Leak: Causes.
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.
- The shock stud appears too short or noises occur after installation.