Most shocks and struts come with a parts kit. This may include a nut, washers, spacers, or even a bumper. Before installing the shocks or struts please review all of the items contained in the parts kit. Due to vehicle application variations, the kit may contain more or fewer parts. Some OE components are meant to be re-used.
More Technical Tips
- 95-99 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut Fails Prematurely.
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?
- The shock stud appears too short or noises occur after installation.
- The new shock or strut appears shorter than the unit removed from the vehicle.