Most shocks and struts come with a parts kit. This may include a nut, washers, spacers, or even a bumper. Before installing the shocks or struts please review all of the items contained in the parts kit. Due to vehicle application variations, the kit may contain more or fewer parts. Some OE components are meant to be re-used.
More Technical Tips
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.
- Not enough stud threads visible to install or tighten the upper mounting nut.
- The left or right strut installs OK, but the other side won’t line up correctly.