Always compare the supplied washers in the parts kit with the original components. Some parts kits contain more components than needed and some original washers are meant to be re-used. If the washer or spacer has a different thickness it may cause installation problems.
More Technical Tips
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.
- The shock stud appears too short or noises occur after installation.