Always compare the supplied washers in the parts kit with the original components. Some parts kits contain more components than needed and some original washers are meant to be re-used. If the washer or spacer has a different thickness it may cause installation problems.
More Technical Tips
- The new shock or strut appears shorter than the unit removed from the vehicle.
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.
- Hydraulic Fluid Leak: Causes.
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.