Always compare the supplied washers in the parts kit with the original components. Some parts kits contain more components than needed and some original washers are meant to be re-used. If the washer or spacer has a different thickness it may cause installation problems.
More Technical Tips
- 95-99 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut Fails Prematurely.
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.
- The left or right strut installs OK, but the other side won’t line up correctly.
- The strut started leaking fluid from the upper seal shortly after installation.