Always compare the supplied washers in the parts kit with the original components. Some parts kits contain more components than needed and some original washers are meant to be re-used. If the washer or spacer has a different thickness it may cause installation problems.
More Technical Tips
- The new shock or strut appears shorter than the unit removed from the vehicle.
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?
- Not enough stud threads visible to install or tighten the upper mounting nut.
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.