Mounting stud lengths may differ slightly, but all will mount correctly. The most common difficulty occurs when trying to install the mounting nut when the vehicle is not on the ground. This can cause the stud not to push all the through the mounting bushing and limit the exposed stud threads.
More Technical Tips
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.
- The new shock or strut appears shorter than the unit removed from the vehicle.
- The strut started leaking fluid from the upper seal shortly after installation.