Mounting stud lengths may differ slightly, but all will mount correctly. The most common difficulty occurs when trying to install the mounting nut when the vehicle is not on the ground. This can cause the stud not to push all the through the mounting bushing and limit the exposed stud threads.
More Technical Tips
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?
- The shock stud appears too short or noises occur after installation.
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- The left or right strut installs OK, but the other side won’t line up correctly.
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.