Always use the new nut supplied! When a threaded nut is included with the KYB shock or strut it is necessary to use the new nut: Do not re-use the old one. For production purposes and quality consistency, KYB may supply a special nut that matches the new mounting stud.
More Technical Tips
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.
- Hydraulic Fluid Leak: Causes.