Always use the new nut supplied! When a threaded nut is included with the KYB shock or strut it is necessary to use the new nut: Do not re-use the old one. For production purposes and quality consistency, KYB may supply a special nut that matches the new mounting stud.
More Technical Tips
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.
- The left or right strut installs OK, but the other side won’t line up correctly.
- Not enough stud threads visible to install or tighten the upper mounting nut.
- 95-99 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut Fails Prematurely.
- The shock stud appears too short or noises occur after installation.