Always use the new nut supplied! When a threaded nut is included with the KYB shock or strut it is necessary to use the new nut: Do not re-use the old one. For production purposes and quality consistency, KYB may supply a special nut that matches the new mounting stud.
More Technical Tips
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?
- The strut started leaking fluid from the upper seal shortly after installation.
- 95-99 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut Fails Prematurely.
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.