Always use the new nut supplied! When a threaded nut is included with the KYB shock or strut it is necessary to use the new nut: Do not re-use the old one. For production purposes and quality consistency, KYB may supply a special nut that matches the new mounting stud.
More Technical Tips
- The new shock or strut appears shorter than the unit removed from the vehicle.
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.
- Hydraulic Fluid Leak: Causes.