Always use the new nut supplied! When a threaded nut is included with the KYB shock or strut it is necessary to use the new nut: Do not re-use the old one. For production purposes and quality consistency, KYB may supply a special nut that matches the new mounting stud.
More Technical Tips
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.
- The strut started leaking fluid from the upper seal shortly after installation.
- Not enough stud threads visible to install or tighten the upper mounting nut.
- Hydraulic Fluid Leak: Causes.
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.