Always make sure that the vehicle is on the ground before tightening the upper stud nut. This will push the stud further through the mounting bushing and avoid thread damage.
More Technical Tips
- The left or right strut installs OK, but the other side won’t line up correctly.
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- Hydraulic Fluid Leak: Causes.
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.
- Not enough stud threads visible to install or tighten the upper mounting nut.