Always make sure that the vehicle is on the ground before tightening the upper stud nut. This will push the stud further through the mounting bushing and avoid thread damage.
More Technical Tips
- Hydraulic Fluid Leak: Causes.
- The strut started leaking fluid from the upper seal shortly after installation.
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- The left or right strut installs OK, but the other side won’t line up correctly.