Always make sure that the vehicle is on the ground before tightening the upper stud nut. This will push the stud further through the mounting bushing and avoid thread damage.
More Technical Tips
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- The shock stud appears too short or noises occur after installation.
- Not enough stud threads visible to install or tighten the upper mounting nut.
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.