Always make sure that the vehicle is on the ground before tightening the upper stud nut. This will push the stud further through the mounting bushing and avoid thread damage.
More Technical Tips
- The shock stud appears too short or noises occur after installation.
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.