Always make sure that the vehicle is on the ground before tightening the upper stud nut. This will push the stud further through the mounting bushing and avoid thread damage.
More Technical Tips
- 95-99 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut Fails Prematurely.
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.
- The new shock or strut appears shorter than the unit removed from the vehicle.
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?