Always make sure that the vehicle is on the ground before tightening the upper stud nut. This will push the stud further through the mounting bushing and avoid thread damage.
More Technical Tips
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?
- 95-99 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut Fails Prematurely.
- Hydraulic Fluid Leak: Causes.
- The new shock or strut appears shorter than the unit removed from the vehicle.