When installing a KYB strut cartridge do not put any water, oil or any other liquids inside of the strut housing. Any existing fluid should be removed from the housing before installing the new cartridge. KYB cartridges are designed and engineered to operate without any additional liquids.
More Technical Tips
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.
- The shock stud appears too short or noises occur after installation.
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.
- Not enough stud threads visible to install or tighten the upper mounting nut.