When installing a KYB strut cartridge do not put any water, oil or any other liquids inside of the strut housing. Any existing fluid should be removed from the housing before installing the new cartridge. KYB cartridges are designed and engineered to operate without any additional liquids.
More Technical Tips
- The new shock or strut appears shorter than the unit removed from the vehicle.
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.
- The vehicle reacts unevenly or oddly over bumps.
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.
- 95-99 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut Fails Prematurely.