When installing a KYB strut cartridge do not put any water, oil or any other liquids inside of the strut housing. Any existing fluid should be removed from the housing before installing the new cartridge. KYB cartridges are designed and engineered to operate without any additional liquids.
More Technical Tips
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- The left or right strut installs OK, but the other side won’t line up correctly.