When installing a KYB strut cartridge do not put any water, oil or any other liquids inside of the strut housing. Any existing fluid should be removed from the housing before installing the new cartridge. KYB cartridges are designed and engineered to operate without any additional liquids.
More Technical Tips
- The original mounting stud nut does not thread correctly or damages the new KYB shock/strut upper mounting stud threads.
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?
- 95-99 Nissan Maxima Rear Strut Fails Prematurely.
- The new shock or strut appears shorter than the unit removed from the vehicle.
- Over-tightening the upper strut shaft mounting nut causes damage.