When installing a KYB strut cartridge do not put any water, oil or any other liquids inside of the strut housing. Any existing fluid should be removed from the housing before installing the new cartridge. KYB cartridges are designed and engineered to operate without any additional liquids.
More Technical Tips
- Noises After Shock/Strut Replacement: Causes.
- The replacement shock/strut has a shorter upper mounting stud.
- The strut started leaking fluid from the upper seal shortly after installation.
- Does any fluid need to be put into the strut housing when replacing a cartridge-style strut?
- The supplied small parts kit has too many or not all of the parts needed.