|Download includes an English, French,|
and Spanish version
KYB Americas Corporation (“KYB”) warrants to the original retail purchaser that each new KYB product purchased from an authorized KYB dealer shall be free from defects for the period(s) of time listed below, when used on private passenger cars and light trucks for personal use under normal operating conditions.
KYB’s limited warranty is for the following periods for the following covered KYB products:
- Lifetime: All KYB Shock Absorbers, Struts and Strut Cartridges (Except KYB Strut-Plus™, Electronic and Self-Leveling Units) Note: “Lifetime” means for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the vehicle on which the KYB products were originally installed.
- One (1) Year: KYB Strut-Plus™, Strut Mounts, Boots, Hardware and Steering Stabilizers.
- 180 Days: Electronic and Self-Leveling units.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
This warranty covers defect in material and workmanship in the KYB product. KYB’s sole and exclusive obligation under this warranty is limited to the exchange/replacement of a defective KYB product in accordance with this limited warranty.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
The warranty does not apply to conditions caused by normal wear and tear nor to KYB products that have been (a) altered, modified, reworked, improperly applied or installed, (b) installed on vehicles used for commercial or racing purposes, and/or (c) damaged due to vehicle modifications or accident. The cost of any removal and installation of a replacement KYB product is not included. The cost of transportation for the shipment of a replacement product is not covered by this warranty.
KYB’s warranty is in lieu of and excludes all other warranties, express, implied, statutory, or otherwise created under applicable law, provided however, that any warranty of merchantability and any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose are limited to the limited warranty periods set forth herein for the products. KYB shall not be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever. Purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty shall be limited, at KYB’s exclusive discretion, to (1) replacement of any defective product; or (2) a refund of the purchase price of the KYB product.
These warranties give you certain legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from State to State. Some states do not allow the limitations of implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Information or assistance regarding warranty claims may be obtained by writing KYB Americas Corporation, 140 N. Mitchell Court, Addison, IL 60101, or call 1 (630) 620-5555.
CAN THIS WARRANTY BE TRANSFERRED?
No. This warranty is not assignable or otherwise transferable to any subsequent purchaser or user of the product and any sale or other transfer of the product shall void this warranty and KYB shall thereafter have no further obligation or liability with regards thereto.
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING A WARRANTY CLAIM
- When a purchaser has a warranty claim for an alleged defective KYB product, the product must be inspected to see if the product qualifies for a replacement under the terms of this warranty.
- To make a claim under this warranty, the purchaser must return the defective product to the original place of purchase or an authorized KYB dealer (in the event that the original seller no longer exists) for verification and exchange. A valid copy of the original dated retail proof of purchase receipt must accompany any warranty claim.
- If the provisions of this warranty are met and the product is determined to be defective and qualifies for replacement, the product will be
replaced with a new unit of the same or superseded KYB part number. In the case of a unit being superseded, replacement must be stated in the application section of the current KYB catalog.
- Warranty claims will not be honored for products that:
- are worn, but are not defective. (An example is where only one unit is defective and the consumer requests a pair be replaced. Since the KYB warranty only covers the defective unit, the claim for the worn but not defective unit will not be honored.)
- do not qualify due to the expiration of the warranty time duration specified above for each product
- installed on non-cataloged applications
- purchased from an un-authorized KYB distributor
- are improperly installed, modified or abused; and/or
are installed on vehicles for commercial or racing purposes